Sunday, April 20, 2008

No, really... we were misled into war

I just love it when someone finally connects the dots. Remember back in 2002-2003 when we were all watching CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc. The networks always seemed to have all kinds of military analysts ready to talk about anything anytime.

Today, the New York Times introduced us to them. Check it out:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/04/20/washington/20080419_RUMSFELD.html

Kinda interesting how the Pentagon was able to get their people on TV all the time to repeat their erroneous messages all over the news.

PBS has an even better account of the run up to the war on Frontline's Bush's War.

Finally, I need to admit when I am wrong. I recently made the statement that I predicted accurately what would happen if we invaded Iraq: we would be stuck in a quagmire. It turns out that Darth Cheney was well aware of that probable outcome in 1994 and apparently did not need my input.



Support Our Troops. Bring 'em Home.
Chris

1 comment:

American Girl said...

I've only read part of the article but it's just another thing that's been making me crazy since the run up to war started in 2002. That the administration was so brazen in their hoodwinking of the press and the people is sickening.

That it has taken the press this long to start reporting on these stories is also maddening. Remember back in the day when they wouldn't say a mean word about the administration. Sarah

PS
Like you and Cheney, my friends and I, a ragtag group of liberal arts majors, made the same predicitions about going into Iraq.